If you need information or documents from these pages in another language or in a different format please email email@example.com.
We have responsibilities concerning safeguarding children from harm (also called 'child protection'). We also have responsibilities for safeguarding adults who are vulnerable to harm.
If you are concerned about a child
If you are concerned about an adult
- If it is an emergency, or if the adult is at immediate risk, then call the police on 999.
- Health and Social Care Connect (HSCC) (8:00-22:00 every day) on 0345 60 80 191. You can also text HSCC on 07797 878111 or email via the website.
- Outside of working hours, contact the Emergency Duty Service on 01323 636399.
If you need advice and guidance from a member of our safeguarding team please contact:
Gill Field, Designated Nurse Adult Safeguarding, Mental Capacity Act (MCA) Lead and PREVENT Lead, 01424 735600 ex 5287 or 07769 282857
Debbie Barnes, Designated Nurse Child Safeguarding (Monday-Tuesday), 07775 011775
Dee Harris, Designated Nurse Child Safeguarding (Wednesday-Friday), 07796940091
Our approach to safeguarding
Safeguarding is a key priority for us and we have an extensive and wide reaching approach which includes:
- Clear systems to train staff to recognise and report safeguarding issues;
- A clear line of accountability for safeguarding, reflected in our governance arrangements;
- Arrangements to work with local authorities through our Local Safeguarding Children Boards, Safeguarding Adult Boards and Health and Wellbeing Boards;
- Arrangements to share information between service providers, agencies and commissioners;
- Designated doctors and nurses who are responsible for safeguarding children and looked after children. We also have a designated paediatrician for unexpected deaths in childhood; and
- A designated lead for adult safeguarding and a lead for the Mental Capacity Act.
We closely monitor how effective our safeguarding arrangements for adults and children cared for in health services in Brighton and Hove are through governance and quality assurance processes. In turn, NHS England oversees these processes to make sure all CCGs are meeting their safeguarding responsibilities.
Please follow the link for the CCG’s Safeguarding Policy.
Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) and Local Safeguarding Adults Board (LSAB)
The Local Safeguarding Children Board is a multi-agency group involved in promoting the welfare of children and young people in High Weald Lewes Havens.
The Local Safeguarding Adults Board works to empower and protect vulnerable adults in High Weald Lewes Havens.