Re-use of Public Sector Information

If you need information or documents from these pages in another language or in a different format please email

The Re-use of Public Sector Information (RoPSI) regulations give the public and the private sector the right to re-use public sector information which we produce as part of our public task.

The Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015 came into force on 18 July 2015 and replaced the 2005 Regulations.

What are the RoPSI regulations?

The Re-use of Public Sector Information (RoPSI) regulations govern the re-use of information created and used by Public Authorities in the UK as part of fulfilling their public task. Re-using the information means to use it for a purpose other than the initial public task it was produced for.

Access to the corporate information of Public Authorities is provided under Freedom of Information legislation. The RoPSI regulations do not change the provisions for accessing our information but provide the public and the private sector with a framework to re-use this information once it has been disclosed.

The RoPSI regulations are about encouraging the re-use of public sector information and governing how it is made available.

Further guidance on the RoPSI regulations has been created by the ICO and the National Archives: 

National Archives guidance

ICO guidance

What information is covered?

Public sector information is information which we produce as part of our public task. Our public task is our core roles and functions as defined by legislation and regulations. Information on our public task, such as the services we provide and our key functions, can be found on the What we do page.

Information which is not within the scope of our public task is not covered by RoPSI regulations.

Information is not covered by RoPSI regulations if it would be exempt from disclosure under information access legislation like the Freedom of Information Act or the Data Protection Act.

Requests for re-use

Before you make a request

The information you need may already be published on our website and be available for re-use. Before making a request please check by searching the website.

How to make a request

If the information you seek is not already published and available for re-use, you can request it by contacting us in writing (preferably by email), include your name and address for correspondence, specify the information you want to re-use, and specify the purpose you intend to use it for. You can also specify the manner and format in which you wish to receive the information and we will try to meet your wishes.

You can contact us by email or by post (contact details can be found on our Contact Us page).

Costs and licensing

Please note that where High Weald Lewes Havens CCG permits re-use of information under the Re-Use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015 it is licensed under the Open Government Licence.

High Weald Lewes Havens CCG will, as a matter of routine, not charge for the re-use of information beyond reasonable disbursement costs (printing, postage, etc.) as per our Freedom of Information process.

Please note that High Weald Lewes Havens CCG reserves the right to charge for re-use (such as where a small return on investment is reasonable) and to licence more restrictively where appropriate.

If our standard practice of allowing free-of-charge, Open Government Licence governed re-use will not apply to an application for re-use, this will be discussed with and communicated to the applicant as soon as it becomes apparent.

Appeals and complaints procedure

Internal complaints process

If you are dissatisfied with the response you have received to your request for re-use, or the conditions applied, you can make a formal complaint. 

Please ensure that you submit any complaints in writing, state the nature of the complaint in detail, and explain what you hope the outcome of your complaint will be. Please ensure you send your complaint within 60 days of the date of our response to your request. We regret that we will not respond to any complaints outside of the 60 day period.

Your complaint will be reviewed and a response sent to you within 20 working days of submission.

Complain to the ICO

If your complaint is not resolved to your complete satisfaction, you have the right to appeal to the Information Commissioner for a decision.  The Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted using the following details:

Helpline: 0303 123 1113 


Address:  Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF

Live Chat